Growth Stock Thoughts
AN INVESTMENT IN KNOWLEDGE PAYS THE BEST INTEREST ~ Benjamin Franklin
BIDU: Expanding Reach to Drive Growth
• BIDU stock has pulled back from its high of $283 in February 2021.
• Repositioning away from traditional advertising toward SaaS.
• Autonomous driving paving the way for the next decade in addressable market growth.
• First of-its-kind Robo-taxi service which has already delivered 280k autonomous fare-rides in China’s largest cities.
• Strong balance sheet and high cash flow coupled with a low valuation.
• Biden-Xi talks indicated a thaw in China-US relations after the countries agreed to more open dialogue.
Recent Sale: Leggett & Platt
We have sold Leggett & Platt (LEG) based on macroeconomic slowdown. As we enter an economic downturn, consumers will be spending less money on furniture and bedding, and auto manufacturers will sell less vehicles. This means that LEG will enter a more difficult operating environment and will see contraction on its earnings and cashflow
ON Semi: Driving the Future of Automotive Automation
• Backlog grows $5.3 billion in 3Q22 to hit over $14 billion.
• Repositioning initiative to focus on free cash flow and margin growth, exiting inefficient product lines and focusing on long-term supply agreements with OEMs.
• Quickly growing total addressable market, particularly in automotive, where ON has swelled total value per vehicle to $715
• 50% of FCF targeted at share repurchases, strong customer base and strong long-term outlook despite shorter-term softness.
Everest RE Premiums and Margins Climb
• 2.4% Dividend with 9% expected dividend growth.
• Well-managed reinsurer, consistently growing portfolio without substantially changing the risk profile.
• Improving loss ratio combined with increasing premium revenues expanding margins and profits.
• Investment income bolstered by rising interest rates.
• Expanding into European markets.
• Experienced management targeting over 13% shareholder returns.
Recent Sale: PayPal’s Hostile Change in User Policy
PayPal has been sold as its policy to confiscate users’ money for breaching its “Acceptable Use Policy” (AUP) is a breach of fiduciary responsibilities and trust. A payment network cannot hope to maintain acceptance and grow if it is claiming the ability to seize users’ funds. While PayPal has modified the policy slightly, they still have the ability to confiscate $2,500 for AUP violations. Even if this is reversed, the damage to PayPal’s reputation is irreversible in the near term and merchants will look for more trustworthy payment systems.
Fiserv: Gaining Leadership in Payments with Huge Free Cash
• Free cash machine with over $5 billion a year, expecting 20% growth in earnings per share.
• Core payments business remains strong and stable, with market share growth in point-of-sale systems with Clover.
• One of the main processing partners for Zelle, processing nearly $500 billion in P2P transactions a year.
• Targeting technology-rich competitive advantage, raising guidance after outperformance in 2Q22.
• Recovery from margin contraction in 1Q22, projecting >5% organic revenue growth in all reportable segments and margin expansion of over 1%.
Trulieve Cannabis’s Growth Has Not Gone Up in Smoke
• Legalization of Recreational use in Florida is slated for a ballot initiative in November 2024.
• Expanding its footprint significantly with 30 new stores planned in FY22.
• Most profitable cannabis company.
• Expects to be free-cash positive in FY23.
• Profitability Poised to surge if SAFE Banking Act is ever enacted.
EnerSys: Charging Up For Dominance In Industrials
• Largest market share globally, with 22% of industrial electrification using ENS systems.
• Record backlog of $1.3 billion in orders, with an estimated $5 billion added to the total addressable market in FY23.
• Expanding margins through tracking megatrends and targeting efficiency improvements.
• Deployment of M&A to gain foothold in new product markets or to improve production of existing products.
Navios Embarks on Modernization Amid Demand Tailwinds
• Second largest American-owned shipping fleets, with 188 vessels in stock.
• Broad client base including top names in oil, dry bulk, and other maritime carrying firms.
• Contracted days exceed operating costs for the year, with 48.7% of open shipping days available for spot market or other contracts.
• Expansion plan includes adding 22 new ships by 1Q25 to abide by new environmental and safety standards.
• Long-term contracts guarantee at least $2.4 billion in revenue through 2027.
Gold Stocks Compellingly Attractive After 40% Pull Back from April Highs
Gold Stocks have pulled back 40% from their April highs as measured by the GDX, gold miner ETF. Markets are assuming inflation has peaked and will come down to reasonable levels. The combination of possible recession and the Fed’s quantitative tightening has lead markets to assume inflation will be brought under control. We believe it is unlikely that the runaway inflation can be brought down to 2-3% in the short term.
Proven Portfolio Manager shares his own personal stock investments to build retirement income and build a family legacy
Benjamin C. Halliburton is faced with the same challenge as you, investing for retirement and building generational wealth. However, he is a professional investor and is going to share his portfolio and trades with you. He is going to help you navigate this investment challenge as he invests in stocks of quality businesses and guides you through the investment process.
Timely Updates and Research
Ben details stocks to own and when to buy them. The ideas here are based on his own portfolio. Ben will update you every time he buys or sells and provide you with the rationale of these moves. We keep you informed on changes in the portfolio as Ben’s research interacts with market opportunities. We will be completely transparent, and you can determine which of Ben’s investment ideas make sense for you. You will learn how a successful equity portfolio manager thinks about companies and investments, and when he buys but as importantly when and why he has decided to sell. We detail our investment philosophy here. Stock Picks to Build Income and Wealth.
Learn Before You Earn
Learn in real time and choose which ideas work for you. This is a great place to build the core of your portfolio. We provide vision among the confusion of the internet and media. Learn about companies before you invest your Benjamins. Learn before you earn.