Diligence is the mother of good luck Benjamin Franklin
Market and Economy
Powell: Fed will discuss speeding up bond-buying taper at December meeting.
• Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said he expects policymakers in December to discuss accelerating the timetable for the tapering of monthly bond purchases.
• Speaking before a Senate panel, he said tapering could wrap up “a few months sooner” than anticipated. That would open the door to interest rate hikes thereafter.
• Powell also said, “it’s probably a good time to retire” the word “transitory” to describe inflation.
VIDEO: Tapering at the Hotel California
Tapering is the presumed end to Quantitative Easing (QE) which helped balloon the Fed’s balance sheet from $860 Billion to $8.6 Trillion. Yes, please 10X my balance sheet. The Fed is facing its Hotel California moment for the third time. Will it really taper this time or will the Fed let inflation run? You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.
Riding the Electric Wave: Copper in a Renewables Powered Future
• Copper is the “essential metal” for energy transition, being used in wind, solar, EVs, and power grids.
• Global energy consumption is expected to double by 2050, with many countries pledging to be carbon neutral by that same time.
• 100% recyclable and can be used repeatedly without losses in performance.
Are we in a Stock Market Bubble?
Are we in a stock market bubble? Broadly – no. However, there are certainly plenty of overvalued stocks, and sector-wide bubbles. With interest rates potentially on the rise, we could be in store for a major market correction.
Federal Reserve Tapers to Combat Inflation
Tapering? Inflation? Recession? There is a lot of noise about the Federal Reserve, the Fed, tapering or slowing its asset purchases, and a lot of it seems to be grim news. We give you the basics below.
VIDEO: Are we in a Stock Market Bubble? Is it like the Internet Bubble? 1987 Black Monday crash possible?
Stocks in general are not in a bubble, but many stocks are in a bubble. SPACs (Special Purpose Acquisition Corporations) stocks have lots of candidates for bubble stocks some of which will go to zero. Some great growing companies with high valuation will continue to have good growing businesses, but the stocks will mark time…
October Economic and Market Review
Economic and Market Review October 31, 2021 Labor Shortage Hinders Recovery Severe labor shortages and supply chain disruptions continue to hamper industries throughout the country, elevating inflationary pressures for millions of Americans. Employment costs for wages and salaries in the private sector rose 4.6% over the past year compared to 2.4% for state and government…
Smashing Atoms: The History of Uranium and Nuclear Power
• Incredibly energy-dense, with a single uranium pellet (~1g) being equivalent to 1 ton of coal, 120 gallons of oil, or 17,000 cubic feet of natural gas.
• Global energy consumption is expected to double by 2050.
• Nuclear power is greenhouse gas-free and has lower lifecycle pollution than even wind, solar, or hydro.
Oil Demand Will See Erosion as EV (Electric Vehicle) Market Grows
• Total oil demand is around 96 Millions of Barrels Per Day (MBPD).
• Global oil demand likely to peak in 2030 to 2035.
• Half of demand or 48 MBPD is over the road transportation.
Keep abreast of opportunities and risks for your portfolio in the global economy and financial markets. We link you to news sources and insightful articles and add our own key analysis, observations and conclusions. We pull the essential market knowledge together here so you can focus on investing and finding the next great company. Or if you prefer, spending this time on your Passions and Interests.