Diligence is the mother of good luck Benjamin Franklin
Market and Economy
Oil Demand Will See Erosion as EV (Electric Vehicle) Market Grows
• Total oil demand is around 96 Millions of Barrels Per Day (MBPD).
• Global oil demand likely to peak in 2030 to 2035.
• Half of demand or 48 MBPD is over the road transportation.
Paul Tudor Jones says inflation could be worse than feared, the biggest threat to markets and society
• Video of Paul Tudor Jones
• Inflation could be much worse than feared
• Inflation is the single biggest threat to financial markets.
September Economic and Market Review
Economic and Market Review September 30, 2021 Equity Indices YTD Return Bonds Yield Dow Jones 10.58% 2yr Treasury 0.28% S&P500 14.68% 10yr Treasury 1.52% NASDAQ 12.11% 10yr Municipal 1.13% MSCI – Europe 7.97% US Private Agg 2.22% MSCI–Emerging -2.96% Commodities Price Currencies Rate Gold $1,756/oz…
The Future of Uranium: A Story of Supply and Demand
• Uranium Demand set to grow.
• Limited domestic supply.
• Nuclear power is greenhouse gas free.
• Bipartisan support for Nuclear Renaissance.
August Economic and Market Review
Economic and Market Review August 31, 2021 Equity Indices YTD Return Bonds Yield Dow Jones 15.53% 2yr Treasury 0.20% S&P500 20.41% 10yr Treasury 1.30% NASDAQ 18.40% 10yr Municipal 0.94% MSCI – Europe 13.48% US Private Agg 1.31% MSCI–Emerging 1.35% Commodities Price Currencies Rate Gold $1,817/oz…
What’s Made from a Barrel of Oil?
• Crude oil and natural gas liquids are ubiquitous.
• Carbon based energy has unmatched energy density.
• It will be difficult to wean the world off oil and natural gas.
• Natural gas is the cleaner and greener of the two.
• Demand for crude oil will continue for decades.
• Natural gas demand will continue to grow.
US budget deficit through July hit $2.54 Trillion with a T
Deficit spins out of control with Covid stimulus.
Explosion of deficit spending on top of already broken fiscal budget.
Covid spending was on top of never repaid 2008 Financial Crises bailout.
Green Energy Gaining Share in Electricity
Green Energy is gaining share within the electricity generation industry.
• Renewables up to 21% in 2020
• Natural Gas largest at 40%
• Nuclear Power carbon-free at 20%
Bonds are Low Return and High Risk
Many investors have yet to realize what is clearly evident on the charts. I want to emphasize that I do not know the timing of the increase in interest rates, but I do know rates will probably go up when market forces take over, and the Fed stops its extraordinarily accommodative bond-buying program.
Keep abreast of opportunities and risks for your portfolio in the global economy and financial markets. We link you to news sources and insightful articles and add our own key analysis, observations and conclusions. We pull the essential market knowledge together here so you can focus on investing and finding the next great company. Or if you prefer, spending this time on your Passions and Interests.